Chronic pain Leaflets
Chronic Pain Affects 40% of the World Population It is also life changing for many!
It frequently leads to a vicious cycle of reduced activity, sleep disturbance, low mood and depression, reduced enjoyment of life, lower productivity at work, and it often ends up affecting family, colleague and partner relationships.
Some people lose their jobs, others their relationships and some both. It’s bad news for everyone.
So we’ve put together some resources to help you find ways to learn how to master your pain, strategies that will help you to cope better and some ideas of treatments that may be beneficial and help you take back control of your life:
- The Strain of Pain: Dispelling the myths behind chronic pain with strategies for managing your pain
- Understanding Chronic Pain
- Skills to Cope with Chronic Pain
- How Physical Therapy Can Help You if You Suffer from Chronic Pain
- How Pain Affects Your Life (infographic for friends and partners)
- Relaxation for Chronic Pain (exercise handout)
- Building Activity into Your Everyday Life If You Suffer from Musculoskeletal Pain
- Chronic Pain: Tips for Managing Activity Levels
- Daily Activity Template
Our Free Advice Sheets–
- Explain how you can be more physically active and stay out of the vicious cycle of increasing levels of inactivity
- Coping strategies, treatment options, an explanation of the science behind chronic pain, exercise handouts and daily diary templates.
Do you know what the difference is between acute pain and chronic pain?
Chronic pain is a constant pain that lasts for 12 weeks or more and is often
very debilitating for the person suffering.
So often all the help you can get from your GP is pain killing medication
that does not work well if at all.
I have put together some easy to read leaflets that you can download and read at your leisure that aim to help you to know what is happening, what you can do about it and when you need to seek further help.